If you’re looking at investing in a daycare franchise, you probably love working with children, and their education is likely very important to you. Getting to work with children, especially when they’re small, is a great opportunity to help them get the greatest start in life. After all, that’s what their parents want for them when they begin their search for preschool and childcare services.
La Piazza Academy: The Jumpstart Most Daycare Franchises are Missing
Most daycare franchise owners are incredibly invested in the well-being of the children under their care. It’s not to say they’re inadequate carers. They’re simply missing elements that La Piazza Academy brings to the children in our education programs: a progressive curriculum that’s continually researched and updated for the latest in education standards across the globe.
When compared to programs at top daycare franchises, La Piazza Academy continues to impress parents as well as investors as the education platform that can really make a difference in a child’s life. We offer our franchise investors two potential options: the preschool model and the preschool + elementary hybrid model for the children to continue in the La Piazza Academy standard for years. Children may attend La Piazza Academy at an early age and continue learning through the 5th grade. This also sets La Piazza Academy apart from many daycare franchises, who limit their top ages to 5 years.
The La Piazza Academy Difference
At La Piazza Academy, we follow 4 core principles during the course of our mission to educate students to be the best versions of themselves. These principles give students the essentials they need to be critical, creative, compassionate thinkers, and responsible engaged citizens who will transform the world. These principles cannot be found in the everyday daycare franchise.
It may sound ambitious, but believing children look at the world with wonder and curiosity and using that excitement and will to explore to learn is how La Piazza Academy helps children thrive and become tomorrow’s critical thinkers. La Piazza Academy is not the average daycare franchise.
The Four Core Principles
- Social Constructivism Approach to Education – Learning is based on real life and this approach uses adaptive problem-solving in a social manner, through shared experience and discussion. New ideas are exchanged and matched with existing knowledge, giving the learner a chance to adopt rules to make sense of the world.
- Reggio Emilia Educational Philosophy – The Reggio Emilia approach elevates the belief that children are resilient, capable, and adept citizens with wonder and curiosity about their environment. They love to learn, and this philosophy believes in children’s natural drive to understand the world around them and how the world relates to them.
- Project-Based Learning (PBL) – Project-based learning is a dynamic classroom approach where students are given real-world problems to explore over a period of weeks. Traditional school projects are typically assigned at the end of a teaching unit. PBL instruction poses a question that would occur in the real world—for example, what’s the best way to design a farm—and have students approach the project for such a project over a period of weeks. Teachers incorporate grade-appropriate instruction into the project, which meets La Piazza Academy’s high academic standards. Students learn specific skills built into the project while collaborating with classmates, thinking critically, and oftentimes revising their work. Completed projects are publicly shared.
- Socio-Emotional Wellness – The La Piazza Academy community nurtures the socio-emotional well-being of the individual. Our students are supported as they master major concepts, processes, and skills while simultaneously building connections between ideas. Children are given the opportunity for self-directed inquiry as well as working in concert with their peers. In this way, they are taught how to think for themselves, not what to think. These are the building blocks for making a difference in the world.
The Language, Atelier, and Music Programs
La Piazza Academy is also known for its multi-linguistic programs for children, which isn’t something many other daycare franchises can offer.
Our immersive language programs are project-based, experiential learning through which children develop proficiency in speaking, writing, listening, and reading multiple languages. These are foundational pieces of the La Piazza Academy difference in the children’s future as global citizens.
Mandarin Chinese begins in the La Piazza Academy preschool model, in which experiences are designed to bring enjoyment and proficiency of the language.
Spanish is taught to the children through stories, puppet play, dramatic play, cooking, art, dancing, and songs. It’s an immersive, engaging, and enjoyable way to teach young children a language when their minds are particularly wired for language absorption.
The Atelier Program is our art program, which is a significant component of our collaborative curriculum. Students build their imaginations, turn concepts into realities, and connect their interests with art through instruction led by Atelieristas with degrees in fine arts. The lessons follow themes that follow the designed curricula.
Music is also part of our students’ weekly learning experience. La Piazza Academy students sing, dance, participate in breathing exercises, and connect music with their emotions. Through music, they engage with their surroundings and peers in a unique way.
Many daycare franchises, while educational and engaging, aren’t quite as interconnected to so many disciplines as La Piazza Academy. This makes La Piazza Academy the more attractive choice for parents seeking a transformative educational start for their children.
The Global Childhood Education Industry
The costs of childcare are through the roof. All but one of the 50 states put childcare costs in 2022 over $10,000 per year. In 9 states, it’s double that or more. Parents are looking not just for a daycare franchise that will keep their child safe, fed, and happy throughout the day while they work. They’re looking for childcare and education that will give their children a love of learning from the very beginning.
Industry experts believe that a progressive curriculum such as La Piazza Academy’s model is the foundation for a lifelong love of learning.
In the US, the early education industry is just one piece of the overall $2.04 trillion education pie, and it’s valued at $245 billion. These dollars are driven by the belief that a high-quality education that begins before the age of 5 yields significant medium- and long-term benefits for students. There are few daycare franchises that can make promises that reach those high-quality standards.
How the La Piazza Academy Franchise Outshines Daycare Franchises for Franchisees
For franchise owners, daycare franchise opportunities may also be a bit lackluster in comparison to the support and opportunity to change lives while solidifying their future.
First, let’s look at the numbers. Franchise prospects can expect their investment estimate to range between $599,300 and $1,368,000. This does include the franchise fee of $90,000. We provide each of our prospective franchisees with a comprehensive analysis of expenditures and the liquid capital required while initially building a new La Piazza Academy’s enrollment numbers.
There are two franchise models available as previously mentioned, the preschool model and the preschool + elementary hybrid model. Both are tremendous steps toward a rewarding professional future building the next generation of creative thinkers and changemakers.
For the investment, our franchisees receive unparalleled support. La Piazza Academy isn’t a daycare franchise, so we begin by doing everything we can to set our franchise owners on the most successful path possible.
- Start-Up Guidance: This covers all the specs franchisees need as they search for each academy’s new location. Construction consulting is available for a fee so they can create a light-filled learning space with all the elements that support their La Piazza Academy curriculum and teachers.
- Initial Training: Owners and their teams are invited to our flagship academy for in-class and on-the-job training. This will provide all the confidence necessary for each academy’s opening day. We spend time with our owners near the first day of school as well to ensure a smooth operation.
- Ongoing Support: We check in with our franchise owners often, and we are always a phone call away. This support also includes professional development opportunities for your staff.
- Comprehensive Documentation: Franchisees are given our confidential operations manual details to understand everything about operating their La Piazza Academy franchise. This includes key operational procedures, curriculum information, finances, reporting, and more.
- Marketing Guidance: We’ll assist with the planning of local marketing campaigns with branded assets available for our franchisees.
If you’re interested in more than a daycare franchise, download our industry outlook or contact us today. La Piazza Academy’s progressive curricula and education programs are accredited, and our reputation is well-established in the world for our methodology. Join us!